If you are renewing your passport (already had a 10 year passport), an appointment is not required. Mail your renewal application directly to the State Department.**
Passport fees must be paid by check, money order or cashier’s check. Execution fees must be paid by check or mONEY ORDER. We do not accept credit card payments
Appointments are needed for passport services at New Trier Township. Please select your appointment in the passport schedule. Please note that if a registration shows 1/1, that appointment is taken in the registration system. appointments are added one week at a time. if there are no activities showing on the website, the appointments for that week have been fully booked.
If you need to cancel an appointment after you have scheduled online, please email steven anderson at email@example.com.
Please be prompt for your appointment as passport appointments are scheduled every hour. Please bring black and white copies of i.d. and birth certificates with you to help expedite your appointment. I.D. front and back should be on one page and copies of the birth certificate must be in black and white.
All applications should be filled out prior to your appointment. Please print out both pages of the DS-11 form if filling out the application online. U.S. Department of State does not accept two-sided applications.
Corrections are not being accepted by the U.S. Department of State on applications any longer. Please check your application for accuracy or another application will have to be filled out during your appointment.
Masks are still required in the Township
Apply for a Passport Book or Passport Card
In order to apply for a passport at a Passport Acceptance Facility, you:
- Fill out a DS-11 form - Please only use forms from travel.state.gov to ensure that you are using the most up to date form.
- Must be under the age of 16
- Must have a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- Must have a passport that was issued over 15 years ago
- Must have had your last passport issued when you were under 16 years of age
Renew Your ADULT Passport Book or Card
If you have already been issued a 10 year adult passport, you must renew by mail with a DS-82 form if you:
- Currently have your passport book in your possession
- Have an undamaged passport book
- Were issued the passport book when you were age 16 or older
- Have your current name in your current passport book and it has not been changed (You can submit a marriage certificate or divorce decree to prove name change)
- Have a passport that was issued in the last 15 years
- Need to obtain additional pages because your passport book is full (A new book is required. Please check LARGE BOOK on your DS-82 application)
Passport Processing Times
Please visit Travel.State.gov for the most up to date processing times per the U.S. Department of State.
Passport Fees (Paid to u.s. department of state)
- Passport Book Age 16 and Under: $100
- Passport Book Age 16 and Over: $130
- Passport Card Age 16 an Under: $15
- Passport Card Age 16 and Over: $30
- Expedite Fee: $60
- 1-2 Day Delivery Service (Of passport book): $18.32
AGENCY FEES (PAID TO NEW TRIER TOWNSHIP)
- Priority Express Mailing Fee: $25
- Execution Fee: $35
- Photo Fees: $15 per applicant
Passport fees must be paid by check, money order or cashier’s check. Execution fees must be paid by check or money order.
We do not accept credit card payments
New Trier Township offers passport photo services at a cost of $15 included in application processing. At this time, we do not take photos for applicants that are not getting a passport processed at the Township. CVS, FedEx, Costco and Phototronics are also good alternatives for passport photo services. Photos must be 2 by 2 inches in size with a white background. Glasses must be removed before photos are taken. You can smile in your photo with an unexaggerated smile with your eyes open.
Minor Applicants (Under 16)
Children under 16 must be accompanied by both parents to their passport appointment. If both parents cannot be present, a DS-3053 form must be signed by the non-applying parent and notarized by a notary. The identification (ID) that the parent shows the notary must be photocopied (front and back) and brought into the appointment. The citizenship evidence has to be presented along with the previously issued passport, 2 photos, a DS-11 form, 2 checks or money orders for payment and the applying parent’s ID. All supporting documentation will be returned to the applicant in the mail.
16 &17 Year Old Applicants
If the applicant is 16 or 17, he/she must show state ID, driver’s license or a school issued ID and the 1 appearing parent with the applicant must show ID as well. No citizenship evidence is needed if the child has applied for a passport before. If they do have a current passport, the previously issued passport has to be surrendered. These applicants must also present with a DS-11 form, 2 checks or money orders and 2 photos. All supporting documentation will be returned to the applicant in the mail.
First Time Applicants
If you have never been issued a U.S. Passport before you need the following:
- 2 checks, money orders or cashier’s checks
- 2 by 2 inch passport photos
- Citizenship evidence
- DS-11 form filled out in black ink or filled out online
- Identification (state ID, driver’s license)