Apply for PROGRAM Funding
Each year New Trier Township distributes financial support to non-profit agencies that provide social services to Township residents. Agencies must meet eligibility requirements and address one or more of the funding target areas.
Agency Funding Application Due Date & Funding Hearings
Agencies interested in submitting proposals for 2023-2024 must turn in their applications by Friday, September 9th, 2022 at 3 p.m. Each application is assigned to one of the Township Advisory Committees, either Mental Health Funding and Oversight Committe, Disability Support Funding and Oversight Committee, and the Life-Stages Funding and Oversight Committee. Committees review the applications in October and prepare questions for the hearings, which take place in November. Agencies are contacted in October regarding a hearing date.
Decisions regarding funding are made in December and presented to the Board in January. The Board makes a final decision regarding the committees’ recommendations in February and agencies are notified in late April or early May of the final allocations. All committee meetings and funding hearings are open to the public and posted on the Township Calendar.
- 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- Serve New Trier Township residents
- A firm sense of mission
- Non-profit infrastructure in place that ensures accountability and performance to its clients and funders
- Meet one or more of Township identified priorities including seniors, youth, economically challenged families, and persons with disabilities
Funding Application Process
Each agency/program requesting funding from the Township will be referred to an advisory committee of the Township, who will make funding and agency/program recommendations to the New Trier Township Board of Trustees. Typically the schedule for funding is as follows:
- July - Application forms and budget worksheet made available online
- September - Proposals due
- October/November - Public funding hearing
- December - Advisory committee recommendations developed
- January/February - Township Board reviews advisory committee recommendations
- March/April - Township Board decisions incorporated into budget
- May - Public hearing and approval of budget
Please contact Brian Leverenz for funding forms at firstname.lastname@example.org